If you’re looking to save some money on your next flight, check out these tips for booking cheaper flights:
- Make your travel date and time flexible – It is always better to be flexible with your travel dates and times when booking flights. Traveling on Mother’s Day, holidays and weekends are always more expensive. And every time you book a flight at a cheaper rate, you are more likely to book at a more expensive rate. You can easily compare flight prices for the same dates and times by booking flights a day before you actually travel.
- Ignore the myths, do some research – When you’re looking for the best deal on a flight, you may believe that there is one quick and easy trick to finding the cheapest fare. There is indeed, a lot of information on the internet that can help you save a few dollars when you book a flight. However, you may be surprised to learn that there isn’t a single secret to booking cheap flights, so you’d want to look around and do a bit of research. By doing this, you will be able to find some amazing deals for flights on platforms such as FlightList.io that you would have otherwise missed out on.
- Book flights with flexible departure dates – It has been proven that most people prefer to book their flights with flexible departure dates. However, only a small percentage of passengers actually do the same. Travelers who book their flights with flexible departure dates, however, save as much as 30% more than those who choose to travel with fixed dates, according to a recent survey from travel search engine Kayak.com. So, no matter what your normal schedule is, be flexible with your dates, and you can save a lot.
- Fly with budget airlines – You’ve probably seen the commercials for these companies, and chances are you’ve thought, “I’d love to travel, but cheap domestic flights are out of my budget.” But, just because you can’t fly to Paris on a dime doesn’t mean you can’t get to France at all. There are plenty of ways to fly for less, and if you start looking for low-cost carriers today, your next trip won’t break the bank.
- Use your points and miles – One of the most popular ways to find cheap flights is to use a travel website that offers a points and miles system. If you have a credit card that earns miles or points, you can use those miles or points to book a cheap flight. For example, a credit card that earns 5,000 Delta Skymiles per year, with a bonus of 1,000 miles for every new account, would give you enough miles to book a round-trip flight from New York to London for about $89.
- If you book early, the better – The key to getting the absolute lowest price for flights is to book early, especially if you’re a frequent flyer. US air carriers have created a complex system to try to entice you into booking as far out as possible, but it all comes down to that. If you book your flights more than 45 days in advance, you will get a great deal on your airline tickets.
Everyone knows that booking cheap flights is easy when you know the tricks to book the cheapest flight, but sometimes the tricks to booking the cheapest flight are not the easiest to find. The trick is knowing when to book cheap flights and when not to book overpriced flights.
As you know, there are many ways to save money on flights, and some of the most common include purchasing tickets at the last minute, getting a cheap fare that’s offered on a limited number of days, or getting a promo ticket that allows you to change your flights at a lower price. But, there’s a whole lot more to it than just buying tickets when they go on sale.
From cheap to expensive, theme-based to all-inclusive, there are numerous ways you can find the cheapest flights to your chosen destination. But even with these options, it’s not easy to find a ticket that’s as cheap as you’d like. You may have to pay a little more for a better seat or for an all-inclusive package. While some airlines offer a great deal at certain times of the year, the cheapest tickets tend to be for pre-booking or for those who are flexible.